This weekend Jenny's room has had some out-of-town-guest-love, her Aunt and a dear friend, DW, in addition to her sweet mom, are bringing extra joy to the hospital room.
I am sure you all know that Jenny has mad-good sewing skills and is always making aprons or quilts for others. Well, bring on the quilters who are out in force to return the sewing-love and to take care of Jenny! DW, who drove down from Ohio, brought with her a beautiful quilt she made for Jenny (above photo), it is the perfect addition to add warmth and love to Jenny's life!
Last weekend some other friends pulled together fabric, sewing machines and love to make a bright and cheery quilt for her. Others pitched in to drive the quilt to the quilter, watch kids, sew on the binding and buy supplies. Truly a team effort! She gets cold after her treatments and so both quilts are perfect (and if there are any other quilts in the works please don't be deterred, they can happily be put in rotation).
A few other tidbits from Jenny's life:
- Other patients and nurses have come to take a tour of Jenny's well decorated hospital room
- Jenny has not met any of her neighbors, but she is the youngest on the floor by 30 years
- For lunch she had a gourmet burger with grilled onions, thanks DW!
- One highlight from today was a phone call from an old Bishop who is currently a mission President in Japan
- Make sure to ask Jenny about the, and I quote, "sweaty-tooth-mad-man"
- Jenny loves that she can still shower by herself...but do not interrupt her while she is blow-drying her hair. This morning she told her Dr to come back later, after her hair was done!
- Visitors who break out into spontaneous dance and cheer moves are deeply loved! (Dance moves are not required to visit, though, check with SS in advance in case this does become a requirement at a later date)
- The love from all of you is evident and heart-warming!