Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I have a new love: NPR podcasts. I've recently subscribed to NPR's Story of the Day and This I Believe, and I've been a long-time fan of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, the NPR News Quiz. If only Car Talk were free... At any rate, this morning I was listening to the Story of the Day from October 25 about a family cocker spaniel: "The Dog Who Loved to Suck on Toads." I was laughing so hard I could barely see and I almost had to pull over as I was driving to work. You must look it up.

I love driving along Braddock Road in to GMU. It's a six-mile stretch from the freeway, surrounded by trees and homes and the occasional strip mall. This morning I saw a sign at a new cemetery (so it's not a hundred years old, but it's got a lot of graves): Fall Cemetery Sale. Just in case you were in need...

2 comments:

Birdie in DC said...

I totally agree about NPR Podcasts. We have been staying connected with US news via Wait Wait! I love your blog and the enthusiasm for life that it reminds me to cultivate!

Unknown said...

I just barely learned what a podcast is! One day when I have an IPOD, maybe I'll check it out. In the meantime I'm completely obsessed with LOST and that's why I know what a podcast is!