And I'm back in the land of the living...
After a few days where I felt like I was in the Valley of the Shadow, I woke up this morning and actually brushed my teeth and went downstairs to eat breakfast. And I saw spring outside my window. The neighbors' tree suddenly burst into bloom sometime within the past four bed-ridden days.
Signs that you feel better:
- You can brush your teeth without throwing up
- You shower and put on a little bit of make up, even if you wear sweats and go back to bed
- You eat at a table instead of in bed
- You transition from Pedialite to Gatorade (Virginia made me choose between drinking Pedialite or going to the ER after I didn't eat or drink for 2 days. It tastes slightly better than children's cough medicine and is much better when diluted with water)
- You think about responding to emails again... and blogging!
Maybe tomorrow I'll feel good enough to go on a walk around the block. Or make my bed. Or send some more emails. Maybe I'll be even better at managing my new headaches (it's much lower now and kind of in my ears in a weird way). But I'll figure it out. And if not, I'll just lay in bed and watch HGTV on my new digital converter. Ahhhhh...
P.S. Thank goodness for March Madness basketball, the greatest distraction of all...