Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Right around the Corner


Yes, I was inspired for the title of this post from my dear friend Laurel's blog. But just to share a lesson from last week and some incredible photos, this really is the best way to describe it all.
Cousin Travis and I at McDonald Lake

Last week I went to Glacier National Park with my family. It was my first foray into this mountainous bit of heaven, and I absolutely loved it. Only 1/3 of the park was open because the snow hadn't melted yet, but the third that we experienced was incredible. My favorite part was how we stopped at almost every corner, whether that was in the car or on our feet, simply because the view was so beautiful. Waterfalls, rushing water, rugged mountains, pines, mountain goats, avalanche lakes--it was all breathtaking.Barbara, Mom, and me

I loved the hike. Ironically enough, there was a lot of mud. A LOT. I had to keep my eyes open and find creative ways to stick to the edges of the trail. Often I found myself off the trail just to avoid the mud pits. Then of course my environmentalist brother chided me for wreaking havoc off trail. It felt great after sitting in the car for a long time to move and stretch and push myself.Rushing water along the trail
And I can't explain how it was to literally walk around a bend in the trail to come upon this lake. The view at the top was incredible. The pictures don't do it justice. It was overcast, and the shades of new green and pine contrasted sharply with the rugged rock and white snow--all reflected in Avalanche Lake. The air was crisp and clear and invigorating. Ben and Travis

Makes me wonder what is around this next corner in my life...

6 comments:

The homestead said...

I'll bet the view around your next corner is more beautiful than anything you have seen before.

Rosander said...

Wow! It looks breathtaking. Sounds like you had a good time. I love those pictures. Hope you're doing well. you look awesome. Love ya!

The Wyler Family said...

wow! i can't wait to go there someday!

Jill said...

These pictures are gorgeous! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Laurel said...

I love love love corners.
let us know what's there!

JJ said...

Wow! What a great experience! And I am sure that more goodness is waiting around that next corner for you!