Friday, April 25, 2008

Sending Notes

A couple of weeks ago I was talking on the phone to my 7-year-old niece Sierra, who lives in Colorado. She asked me if we could start sending notes to each other. So on Wednesday, after a very long, grueling day, I came home and found this in the mail:


This was the other side of the page. She always folds it long ways and then draws a triangle to make it look like an envelope. I love the high fives.Grant, Sierra, and Savannah are most certainly among my favorite tender mercies...

7 comments:

Lael said...

Every once in a while, I look around at my life, and think, how did this happen? I just did that ... I was reading your blog, and got a flashback to picture pages, picture pages, la de da de picture pages. I can't actually remember the words, then I looked up, and there were three boys playing legos, and they are mine, and I am old and have a flabby belly and wrinkles, and I thought, holy cow, how did I get here?

The Wyler Family said...

i love that letter. how cute is that? i can't believe how grown up those kids are. crazy times!

Laurel said...

okay, THAT is nothing but cute. I've been trying to do the handwritten letter thing with my nieces and nephews...it's such a lost art now.

They are lucky to have an Aunt Jenny!

Unknown said...

What a sweetheart. She's like a mini you! CUTE CUTE CUTE!

Unknown said...

Best dressed kids ever!

Anonymous said...

I love getting letters from Sierra! I got an especially funny one last year....if I had a scanner I'd totally put it on my blog. She was obsessed with my fireplace for some reason and said something along the lines of, "Annie, please, instead of smoke coming out of your chimney, hearts are coming out of your chimney." Oh-kay. Definitely her mother's daughter! And that picture of Savannah...PRECIOUS!

Janell said...

I agree with Sierra. You ARE awesome! :)
-jd