Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It's true... I'm official... I'm a Virginian


I did it... I got a Virginia driver's license and registered my car here. No more Utah Delicate Arch plates. I have to admit, I have mixed feelings about this. I embrace my East Coast identity, but I did like my Utah past. For those of you who ride in my car, you'll often hear me exclaim, "I'm from Utah!" when I am not entirely graceful in my driving or when I'm obviously lost. No more excuses now. I'm actually super excited. And the best part is that I thought I'd have to pay upwards near of a million dollars to register here in Arlington County, but I was pleasantly surprised. Virginia isn't so bad after all...

3 comments:

JJ said...

Welcome! Welcome to the world of Viginia! The rest of us West-Coast-&-Rocky-Mtn-region-transplants are glad you are here!

Unknown said...

Cool! you're official! Sounds super exciting to me!

Unknown said...

Um, and I guess I should confess that at a glance I thought it said I'm a virgin.

Thanks for that declaration too.