Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Braving the Cold


On Saturday morning we woke to snow--kind of crazy with all the blossoms and flowers everywhere. And the temperature plummeted. I think it was 80 on Tuesday, and then down in the 30s and 40s the rest of the week. Jess and I braved the cold to go to a baseball game Saturday night--the Nationals and the Diamondbacks. We don't need to really discuss the score, but we do need to discuss the fact that the D-backs have new uniforms. Who knew they decided to join the rest of the free world (or at least the league) and have red and white? While I'm not a fan of purple and turquoise, I rather liked the effect with the scary diamondback snake.

At any rate, we bundled up--layers of thermals, wool sock liners, big blankets, hats, gloves, turtlenecks, scarves, coats--and thanks to the hot chocolate that Jess had to walk all over the ball park to find, we stayed relatively warm. It was grand.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's funny to me... to see you bundled up like that for a baseball game. I was at a little league game last night, actually discussing the perfect weather... wishing you were here!

Lesli said...

Jenny, I love the way you express yourself and I am glad you are finding and making so many adventures in life. And I love you!